- SEPTEMBER 30, 2021 - FEBRUARY 28, 2022
- Graduate students in the final two years of study for the PhD degree or postdoctoral scientists who received their PhD or MD degree within the last six years, as of March 1 of the year for which they apply for the award.
- Applicants must reside in the Western Hemisphere, which according to ASN's Standing Rules is defined as Canada, North America, Central America, South America, US Possessions and the Caribbean. Applicants need not be members of the ASN (Applicants from Latin America should apply also for the Young Latin American Scholar’s Award).
- Applicants must be first (presenting) author of a submitted abstract.
- Applicants may not have received a YIEE Award from ASN previously.
- No more than two applicants from any laboratory may apply.
- The funds available for awards are determined annually by the Treasurer of the ASN
Travel award recipients are expected to attend the entire meeting. Award winners will be formally presented at both the opening symposium and the business meeting.
The following will be required to complete your application:
- A general information document listingyour full name, age, email address, affiliated university (if applicable),and if you self-identify as a underrepresented minority (URM)
- A cover letter containing a statement about your career goals, how attending the ASN meeting will support these career goals and a justification of your financial need in attending the meeting.
- A signed letter of support from your dissertation supervisor or research director confirming your financial need.
- A full curriculum vitae. (Sample CV)