Coincides with the annual meeting abstract submission period.
- Graduate students in the final year of study for the PhD degree or postdoctoral scientists who received their PhD or MD degree within the last two (2) years, as of March 1 of the year for which they apply for the award.
- Applicants must reside in the Western Hemisphere, which according to ASN's Standing Rules is defined as Canada, North America, Central America, South America, US Possessions and the Caribbean. Applicants need not be members of the ASN. If you are from Latin America you should also apply for the Young Latin American Scholar's Award.
- Applicants must be first (presenting) author of a submitted abstract.
- Applicants may not have received a YIEE Award from ASN previously.
- No more than three (3) applicants from any laboratory may apply.
Travel award recipients are expected to attend the entire meeting and business meeting. Award winners will be formally presented during the annual meeting.
The following will be required to complete your application:
- A general information document listing your full name, email address, affiliated university, career-state and if you identify as an underrepresented minority (URM).
- A cover letter containing a statement about your career goals, how attending the ASN meeting will support these career goals and a justification of your financial need in attending the meeting.
- A signed letter of support from your dissertation supervisor or research director confirming your financial need.
- A full curriculum vitae (CV).
Documents must be combined into a single PDF and uploaded into the abstract submission system.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.